Monday, August 21, 2017

Welcome to 6th Grade Band at Hawley!!!

Dear 6th grade band parents,

     This is Justin Dickson, the band director at Hawley Middle School.  I am sure your child is excited about their first day of middle school next week, and I am so glad that they will be a part of our band program.  I just wanted to communicate a few organizational things to you before we get going next week.

1.  If you signed up to rent your instrument from Hills Music Shop, then your instrument will be delivered to the school.  You do not need to do anything.

2.  If you have not signed up to rent your instrument yet, you can call Hills Music Shop at 252-492-4116.  Please ask for Tiffany, she is the representative who works with our school.

3.  I have attached a class roster to this email, in case you cannot remember which instrument you are playing.

4.  If you have not already done so, please sign up to receive the 6th grade band text message announcements by texting the code@HawleyBa17 (it has to have the @ symbol) to phone number 81010.  Answer all the questions it may ask like your name and birthday, or you will not be signed up.  You do not need to download the Remind app to receive the messages.

5.  Detailed info about the band program and your instrument can be found on my website here, if you would like to review it:
http://justindickson.com/justindickson/band/5th.htm

6.  It is not too late for your friends to sign up for band, but it needs to happen this week.  We could really use more Trombone players to balance out the band musically!  Tell your friends to email me at DicksonJ@gcs.k12.nc.us if they are interested.

     Thank you.  Thank you for signing your child up for band, for getting an instrument for them to play, and for making music education important to your family.  I hope your child gets as much out of this experience as I did when I was their age.  We're going to have a good time. 

     Feel free to email me with any questions you may have, I'm here to help.  Justin Dickson